And so, I’m back with another fitness post. This time, I’ll be talking about one of the most talked about workout challenge this quarantine by the recognized Youtube fitness star, Chloe Ting. It has been everyone’s go-to program especially for beginners who only exercise because they are isolated. LOL! But that’s completely okay!
We have all been spending more time at home and we are individually looking for ways to stay healthy. I know that you’re with me about laziness, but we all need to push the stress out of our systems. One of it is to workout.
Personally, I have tried one of her workout videos prior to the lockdown but I have never committed to any of her challenges until now. The great thing about her workout programs is that they are equipment-free, making them relatively home-friendly workouts.
Whether you’re a complete beginner or moderately fit, here are some personal tips, advises and what to expect if you want to do Chloe Ting’s workout programs especially the 2-Week Shred Challenge.
The workout program is 100% FREE!
What not to like about that right? To beginners who don’t have enough budget on personal trainer and gym subscriptions, Chloe Ting has already map out an online exercise itinerary for you, planning your daily workout routine so you don’t have to be stuck on what to do next.
There are more FAQs that were answered on her website, so you might check it out as well.
I honestly fell down to her programs out of curiosity to see if the thousands of transformations online tagged under #chloetingchallenge are really achievable. Despite my doubts, I have given it a try myself and honestly surprised with the result.
Every session is not easy to finish for beginners.
The program consists of 2-3 workout videos per session ranging from 11 to 20 minutes and that makes it around 25 to 40 minutes daily. Depending on your area of concern, you may only do what’s best for your body but as Chloe Ting’s recommendation, you should do all the videos listed on her program.
Most of the videos are particularly challenging for beginners but for people who workout regularly, they’re easy. Doing all three compounded videos in one session is what makes it hard.
I am moderately fit but the challenge had me working up a sweat everyday. The sweats, grunts and pain in every session has made me look forward to seeing myself in the mirror. To see a little improvement each day encourages me to do another complete session the next day.
FOOD MATTERS! You are what you eat.
Many see this challenge as the gateway to a more active and healthy lifestyle. That includes eating healthy. Every workout is achievable if you eat clean because the food we eat can seriously affect our body. We already know this! Don’t be surprised if you’re not getting a bit of a result when every time you do a session, it also means another pancit canton at night because you feel like you need to reward yourself. Hey, I’m not saying that you need to deprive yourself completely by not eating them. It just needs discipline.
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be expensive and starting an active, healthy lifestyle doesn’t mean cutting off the rewards for yourself all at once. It’s the willingness to really make a change on your eating habits. Do it slowly, be disciplined until you get used to it.
Some Tips and Advises
- Your body feels so much better when you eat protein every after workout. You can eat one boiled egg 15-minute after your body has already cool down.
- Double your water intake but it has to be at least 2-3 liters a day. Working out has honestly help me to sleep better at night and with more water, it also does wonder to my skin.
- Workout on time that is best for your energy. I used to workout in the afternoon but the weather gets too hot, it drains my energy. That’s why I tried to do it at around 7 to 9 PM and it’s working more on me because I’m not a morning person.
- This is optional but if you have a very low energy and it hinders you to finish every session, you can try drinking a black coffee with no sugar 20 minutes before working out. If you don’t palpitate, coffee will help you boost your energy.
- Good form are a lot better than a ton of reps with bad form. Always do it on your own pace. You don’t have to be simultaneous with Chloe on the video. Just focus on your own form.
- BE CONSISTENT! The truth is, I have tried the 2-week shred challenge several times already then quit after the 3rd day. And so, I have to do it all over again. Do not be like me! Be consistent. Your hard work will pay off later.
The first few days were a mess but as the challenge progressed, I started to felt lighter and way more stronger than I was. I didn’t include the losing weight video because with my naturally-slim body, I only have to tone it and don’t have the need to lose anymore weight. On the contrary, I’m actually working out to gain more.
I wasn’t shredded. Although, I also couldn’t deny the the fact that after a couple of days even with a bad form and not-so healthy eating habit, the progress was already visible. It wasn’t as jaw dropping compared to many of the results that I’ve seen online. I have never expected too much about the result and it isn’t so bad as well. I’m actually happy about what I have achieved. Regardless, I am satisfied.