My Workout Routine and Diet Secrets
Whatever your reason is for wanting to make a change, you’re not alone! Every day, thousands of people make the decision to start eating better and getting fit…and every day those thousands of people don’t really have any plan or idea what they’re doing. I was at first one of those people who has the determination to change, but don’t know where to start. I am just thankful that I am blessed with a slim body. I may look slim but some people always told me that it’s not healthy to have a really thin body. I realized that they were right and that I needed to change. So, I did.
I am sharing to you my everyday workout routine and diet secrets. Well, my exercise and eating secrets are really simple. Eventually, you’ll get used to doing it everyday.
I prefer to workout at home rather than going out and hitting the gym. It was last year when I decided to pay for a 1-month membership in a local gym. It costs me around PHP300 without an instructor. I went there and just basically observe what they do. When I found out how workouts are done, I stopped paying my membership because the expenses are highly costly — the fare and food, etc. I have a yoga mat at home. It inspires me to workout whenever I want.
Why I workout? I like that it brings a positive impact on my mood. I love the endorphin boost I get after completing every workout. So, I workout for atleast 4 times a week. Sometimes, I wake up early and finished a few sets. And there are times when I do it when I get home from work. It just really depends. Here’s my basic set of exercises which takes around 20-30 minutes only.
- Abdominal Crunches – 12 times, 3 repeats.
- Sit-ups – 12 times, 3 repeats.
- Leg raises – 12 times, 3 repeats.
- Planks – 60 seconds. (When I’m being extra, I do planks while I lean my body side-to-side. It’s a smaller waist exercise.)
- Squats – 12 times, 3 repeats.
- You may increase the number of each exercise when 12 times in 3 repeats doesn’t hurt you anymore. 🙂
There will be times when it’s so lazy to get ready, so these exercises also works even when you do it on your bed. When I don’t feel like working out, I just do a 1-minute plank on bed and 20 squats when I’m in the bathroom. HAHA
I don’t have a strict diet plan at the moment. “Eat more real food, less junk food,” they say. I realize this concept is nothing new or revolutionary, but up until now the ability to actually DO IT has eluded me for some reason. I am NOT a fan of “diets”, detoxes, juice cleanses, or crash-fads that result in vast fluctuations in your body weight and health. If you are just eating better because somebody told you to or because you think you should and don’t really have a reason, every day that you deprive yourself of your favorite foods will seem like a torture – you’re going to fail miserably. If you used to eat 3 times a day with an in between snacks, you can still do it. The secret there is to control what you eat. This is what I do:
- Breakfast. I don’t eat breakfast because I’m not a morning person. But no, you don’t do that! You should eat breakfast. When I do, I always have a boiled egg on my meal or even when I just wanted to eat a sandwich, I still have a boiled egg. I like to have heavy breakfast when I’m working out in the morning. Oh, COFFEE! Or tea.
- AM Snacks. Just smoothie and a biscuit.
- Lunch. This the meat comes in. Usually, I go for chicken breast and veggies. But if you like to eat pork or beef, that’s still okay as long as you’re not eating a lunch meal twice as your body.
- PM Snacks. Fruit or smoothie.
- Dinner. I go for salad. And most of the time, fish stew. Then few veggies and fruits.
The fitness path that I have chosen is working well with me. It’s just a matter of consistency. You don’t do it for the first three days and then quit for a month then do it again. Trust me, once your body will get use to your routine, it’s what keep you going throughout the day.
You will thank yourself later!
Wow! I admire you for staying motivated despite this ECQ. Best of luck!
Thank youuu pero there are really days din na walang motivation talaga to move kasi this ECQ is taking its toll on my mental health but I’m surviving. 🙂
I wonder if you are naturally slim to begin with or you have weight issues before? But nevertheless, you look fit in that pic! You go girl!
I’m naturally slim talaga because I have fast metabolism, so I tried working out to gain weight kasi yun yung advise sakin and tone my body at the same time. Since then, never stopped working out to gain more and be fit. Thank youuuu! 🙂 ♡